Mending Wings: Survivors of Sexual Abuse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mending Wings: Survivors of Sexual Abuse

This is a support forum for victims/survivors of sexual abuse, and/or anyone who knows someone who has suffered sexual abuse (their families, etc.). It is a place to feel at ease, safe, and to heal.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello, I'm Astraea_Dysis, your admin :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea_Dysis
Admin
Astraea_Dysis

Female Posts : 8

Hello, I'm Astraea_Dysis, your admin :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello, I'm Astraea_Dysis, your admin :)   Hello, I'm Astraea_Dysis, your admin :) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 am

Hello,

I'm your admin, Astraea_Dysis. My real name is Meghan, but I prefer my nickname for now for internet privacy purposes. Also, I like the name Astraea, because it's the name of the Greek Goddess that represented justice, purity, and innocence. She became disgusted with how humans treated each other on Earth (greed, etc.), and decided to leave Earth to become a constellation. The myth goes on to say that Astraea will come back to Earth one day when humans are ready for her.

I don't view myself as a goddess or anything like that, but I find that I can strongly relate to what Astraea represents...justice, purity, and innocence. I have a VERY hard time accepting when the first and third are violated with anyone. I have suffered through a lot of pain in my lifetime (sexual abuse, heavy bullying, abuse, etc.), but I haven't become filled with hatred as a result. Instead, I've become even more empathetic toward others and am able to find a way to relate to people and their suffering on an emotional level. Don't ask me how to explain it, but I've always been able to do that. . .I'm very sensitive to the pain and suffering of others. That is why I want to focus on helping others heal, or through their suffering, and would also like a career in it at some point (psychology, writing, etc.).

I know pain well, and it's hard for me to see and know that others suffer. I wish that I was able to cure them, help them, protect them, etc. I frequently feel helpless and frustrated when I know I'm not able to help others or make the situation(s) go away. I know I'm not able to cure the world of all of its injustices and suffering, that isn't a realistic way of thinking, but that doesn't mean that it makes me feel better to know that. In my eyes, all people are beautiful, and I can't see ugliness. All people are equal, despite race, culture, religion, gender, socioeconomic status, etc. I believe strongly in education and helping others.

I am a respectful person, and my motto is "Treat others how you would like to be treated". So, again, everyone is beautiful and equal. I'm reliable, considerate, driven, caring, honest, empathetic, forgiving, loving, creative (write books, poetry, plays, etc., and I like to draw, etc.). I love music of all kinds. I like animals a lot. . .they have contributed to helping me cope through my hard times. I and friendly, and I always want to help others. I would love to be able to travel the world one day, but until I have the career that allows me the means to do so. . .I don't go too far, yet, lol! Though, I've been to Puerto Rico, Honduras, an island in the Bahamas, and Cozumel, Mexico, as well as Belize. . .all excecpt Puerto Rico were on a cruise, so I'd like to get back one day to see more of the countries rather than the tourist areas. To me, everyone is valid. . .especially their feelings.

I am a very spiritual person, though I don't adhere to any particular religion because most religions feel that their religion is the only correct religion, and the others that don't believe are lost or will go to hell. . .they exclude. I feel that all religions are right, and all religions are wrong. I take the good from each religion, and that's what I believe, and the bad of each religion. . .that's the wrong part, which is usually too much politics through the ages that have complicated, etc. it. I don't believe anyone will go to hell, no matter what religion you believe in. As long as you're a good person, you will go to heaven, I think. The only thing I feel people should really be concentrating on is love, because with love, anything is possible. It's when we allow our lives to become too complicated, or when we allow jealousy, greed, hate, etc. in our lives that contributes to a lot of the suffering in this world. . .as well as poverty, cruelty, and people feeling they are superior to another. We're all the same. We should stop looking for ways to separate ourselves from one another and be superior to another, and look for and focus on ways to unite with each other and be equal, instead.

Some things I like to do. . .read, write, draw, dance, sing (alone, lol), think, study, play games, play badminton, health, learn about traditional medicine, learn about spirituality etc., learn other languages (only fluent in English though), help others, play pranks on others, laugh, watch movies, walk, drive, etc. I'll add more as I think of it, lol, but this is all for now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mendingwings.blogspot.com/

Hello, I'm Astraea_Dysis, your admin :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mending Wings: Survivors of Sexual Abuse :: General Information :: Introductions-
Jump to: